Provenance Consulting supports all aspects of implementing and executing a fixed equipment Mechanical Integrity (MI) and Inspection program. Our philosophy and approach ensure that our program implementations are comprehensive, accurate, and of the highest quality. Our emphasis is on long-term projects and client partnerships, rather than short-term (turnaround-type) staffing.
A complete MI program should account for the entire equipment lifecycle, and each stage of the equipment lifecycle requires specific activities that should be performed from a MI perspective. This ensures the safe operation and reliability of the equipment.
Our MI/Inspection Services
FOR FIXED EQUIPMENT AND PIPING INCLUDE
- Equipment Design Validation
- Vendor Shop Audits and Quality Assurance Inspection during Fabrication
- Field Inspection to Confirm Proper Installation and Document Initial
(Baseline) Equipment Condition
- Inspection Software Implementation and Maintenance, using a Life-based or Risk-based (RBI) Approach
- Piping Isometric and Equipment Inspection Drawing Generation and Maintenance
- Inspection Planning and Analysis
- Internal/External API Inspections and Nondestructive Examination (NDE)
- Analysis of Inspection Findings (including Fitness for Service Evaluations per API 579), Corrective Action Identification and Modification of Inspection Plans
- Leverage Inspection History to Predict Retirement Dates and Confirm Suitability for Service
- Generate Repair Plans to Correct Equipment Deficiencies
- Generate or Validate Alteration and Rerate Plans and Associated Design Calculations
CONCEPTION TO IMPLEMENTATION
Provenance Consulting offers in-house inspection, design and construction management that can execute special emphasis projects from project conception to implementation in the field, bringing our clients the most efficient implementation strategy for these programs.
Ready to talk about your project?
Additionally, Provenance has a great deal of experience in generating policies, procedures, and work processes related to MI and Inspection, as well as defining and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics. We have performed program assessments and gap analyses of existing MI programs, and recommended and implemented improvements where identified.
Provenance has implemented and maintained MI/Inspection programs for a large number of upstream, midstream, and downstream facilities, along with chemical and petrochemical plants.
ABOUT OUR SOFTWARE DECISIONS
Provenance does not have a vested interest in any particular IDMS or RBI software program, allowing us to help clients select the most appropriate and cost effective tool for inspection program management.
From the Provenance Experts