Mechanical Integrity Line of Service Manager
Through innovation and technology, Provenance Consulting provides information management systems and services that track, monitor, verify, and sustain data that personnel use in the operation of oil, gas, and chemical plants and facilities. We specialize in process safety management, software implementation, and custom software development. We not only implement and maintain information systems and processes, but we build the foundation of these systems that ensure the data utilized is accurate.
The Mechanical Integrity (MI) Line of Service (LOS) Manager is responsible for coordinating API Inspectors, nondestructive examiners, engineers and other field and office support resources on multiple projects at any given time. The MI LOS Manager will report to site managers or project managers who will establish clear expectations in terms of work scope, work quality and work efficiency on the projects for which they are responsible. The MI LOS Manager may be expected to work directly with clients on technical aspects of projects and therefore must be able to communicate technical requirements, concepts and deliverables clearly and concisely.
Emphasis is placed on quality of the work product and the efficiency of work execution. The MI LOS Manager is accountable for the quality of work provided by MI/Inspection resources; therefore the MI LOS Manager is responsible for training and ensuring quality and efficiency. Candidate will help establish efficient and effective means of tracking and reporting metrics related to MI/Inspection project execution. The MI LOS Manager is accountable for the professional development of MI-related resources throughout the company.
To fulfill this role, the MI LOS Manager will:
- Staff, manage and execute projects related to Fixed Equipment Mechanical Integrity and Inspection
- Ensure procedures exist, and are kept current and accurate for all work execution activities
- Confirm that all MI/Inspection work is performed in alignment with defined procedures through training and ongoing quality control (QC)
- Oversee the generation and issuance of final deliverables to the client or Project Lead, ensuring that a quality control process has been developed, implemented, followed and tracked during generation of final deliverables
- Hire, train, develop, and provide guidance to newer employees as necessary
- Ensure adequacy of, and compliance with, all Provenance and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed
- Perform staff-level assignments and resource coordination in a team environment
The position is located in Borger, TX (45 minutes northeast of Amarillo) with possible work at other locations. Travel up to 50% of the time should be expected.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An engineering degree
- At least 5 years of direct Mechanical Integrity and Inspection experience (direct, hands-on experience should encompass all aspects of fixed equipment MI, including inspection planning, evaluation of inspection results, identification of corrective actions and reporting)
- Familiarity with the following industry codes, standards, recommended practices, and related bodies of knowledge. Preference will be given to candidates that maintain current certifications through the appropriate governing body:
- API 510, 570, 571, 576, 577, 579, 580, 581, 650, 653
- Other API codes, guidelines and recommended practices relating to MI
- ASME B31.x, S8/D1
- Work history reflecting the following:
- Significant field or engineering hours actively performing inspection and other mechanical integrity activities
- Increasing responsibility, especially with regard to overseeing inspection activities, project management, and budget ownership
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and execute a heavy work load
- The ability to understand and comply with all Provenance and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed
- The ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written means, and able to adapt communication to best reach the intended audience within or outside the organization
- The ability to travel as needed to support ongoing projects and develop sales opportunities
- Experience in a petrochemical plant or refinery, preferred
- Strong technical communication ability, both written and oral
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Provenance Consulting offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off, career progression, volunteer opportunities, and training/certificate programs.
For more information about Provenance Consulting, contact Human Resources at 806-273-5100.
Provenance Consulting values people from diverse backgrounds, working to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind – including that involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other similarly protected status is unacceptable. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, termination and other terms and conditions of employment.